Prickling Twinkles

I wrote on my twitter account that my life sparkles at the moment. What could that mean? I don’t know the full anwser to that. All I know is that I’ve been in a slump for some time now. But it feels like I’m starting to wake up from it and see all of these wonderful things happening around me, with me and to me. That involves meeting new people, going to London to see Gackt, meeting up with friends (old & new) and more. I feel like, I’ve got so much to look forward to in the following months that my life is full of prickling twinkles. Meaning good and not-so-good life experiences. But at least I feel like I’m living at the moment.

I went to see Sex and The City 2 last weekend. I’m sure everyone who’s seen it noticed the product placement parts. Pringles on the airplain? Really? An important detail to share? All in all the movie reminded me of old hollywood glamour. But it also felt too fantasy-like. There wasn’t really a story to tell. It was just a “pretty picture” – no content.

Anyone watching the Football (for American peeps = soccer) World Cup? I am SO not. I can’t understand football. Nothing happens. If you’re lucky there will be 1 goal in the whole game. Usually there are 0. But I do love the excitement around it. Like the Olympic Games. And all big worldwide events. They bring people together.

Tags: , ,

19 Responses to “Prickling Twinkles”

1. Tina says:

Good that your mood is brightening. Probably summer happiness that’s kicking in. ;)

Isn’t it normal with small boxes of Pringles on planes? Or am I imagining it?

I don’t watch the World Cup either ;) But I do know who Ronaldo is! :D

2. Nicole says:

I’m glad that life has considerably opened itself up for the better to you. :) You certainly deserve it.
    I haven’t seen City 2…I’ve heard really really mixed reviews. Some people love it, some people hate it, but everyone generally says it’s just fluff. :P

My dad’s crazy about the World Cup. So I catch snippets of it from time to time. I don’t really get soccer either, but like you said, there’s something about the fact how so many people are excited, that it just all buzzes together.

3. Helene says:

Thanks :) You’re right, and that’s a comfort actually.. If all of them felt good about it, I would be the only one feeling a bit stupid.. But it’s nice to blame some of it on the teacher. Not that he’s not nice or anything, but his teaching skills aren’t that good – we’re his first class of students and he’s not even done with his own education x( yay!?

4. Clare says:

Amen. I am so glad you are not one of those girls who just “loved” SATC2. Movies like that make me sad. If blatant materialism is how the movie industry markets to women, no wonder female viewership at movie theaters is abysmally low.

Okay, I will get off my soapbox now :)
    xoxo

5. Kendra says:

Ahh so true. Customers like that NEVER go away. There will always be that one person who has to throw off someone’s day like that. I guess you find that kind of person anywhere you go though.

I’m glad you’re noticing the nicer aspects of your life. It’s always nice to feel a little more positive.

I actually liked Sex and the City 2 for some ungodly reason. I think maybe it’s just because I liked the show. Some part of me will always kind of love those characters and what not. I do sort of agree though, it seemed long and lacking a true story line. It seemed like there were way too many pointless scenes that didn’t do anything for the plot.

I can’t watch soccer to save my life. :( Basketball I can watch, though. For some reason haha. My fiance got me into. Now I sit here with him going “OHHH MANNN!!” when things happen in the game. LOL.

6. saba says:

lol, i know. thank goodness I’m safe. ;)
    Im glad to hear that your life is looking up. Mine is still a bit gloomy but maybe it will get there.
    I want to watch Sex in the City but life is so hectic right now. Goodness I have no time at all. Will go to the cinema’s everyday in the holidays though. lol

I hate soccer. Im not fan as I find the sport a bit weird, so your not alone. :)

7. Bea says:

I’m sure that the course “The Cinema of Lights” will be indeed. I’m sorry that you don’t have courses like this there.

I’m glad to hear that your life is looking up and you’re beginning to see the wonderful things happening around you. I have’t seen Sex and The City 2, but maybe I’ll go to see it this weekend.

I love football, and I’m enjoying watching some World Cup matches on television. However I understand you don’t like football :)

8. Aly says:

I’m glad to hear you’re coming out of your slump! And that your life is sparkling, lol. :)

Product placements in Sex and the City, hmmm? I can’t say I’m surprised, there’s product placing in virtually everything these days! I don’t think it’s a movie I would ever bother seeing anyway. “Pretty picture – no content” is basically how I’d describe the whole franchise, haha. Admittedly I’ve only seen the TV series a small handful of times, but it did seem a bit…er, “fluffy”, for lack of a better term. Somewhat entertaining, but very much lacking in substance!

Nah, I’m not really following the world cup either. I have no interest in football of any variety, to be honest. But like you said, it’s nice how these sort of things can sometimes bring people together – provided they’re all of the same nationality, because everyone else is apparently the enemy when it comes to football! XD

9. Shelly says:

I’m glad to see that things are picking up for you! It’s always a great feeling to start climbing out of slumps. That’s awesome that you sat Gackt! I think Gackt was one of the first artists that I listened to when I was getting into Jrock back in the day. I haven’t listened to Jrock or any Japanese music in ages though – four..five years? *hides in shame*

I always tend to notice product placement in movies…its something that bothers me a lot too. T_T But for some reason, I’m not a fan of Sex in the City. Never was. =/ Maybe I’m too much of a tomboy? But then again, I don’t pay attention to the World Cup either. It’s hard for me to enjoy the World Cup when I know that slums are being destroyed and people are dying less than 50ft away from the stadiums where the games take place. I’m a global poverty minor though, so its something that just follows me everywhere. T_T

10. Georgina says:

Ahh I love when life is full of those little sparkly things, small details, that make you smile.

It’s good you have a lot to look forward to in the coming months. I have a break as well and that’s always nice to look forward to.

I’m not a fan of sport really. As for the football, I agree. There’s so much huff and puff over the ball and you don’t really see many goals! O_O

Pringles are yummy. :D Sometimes you notice deliberate product placement in a movie and it’s like… why?! They even zoom in and everything! I haven’t watched Sex and the City series or the first movie. Not my kind of thing. :P

11. Simone says:

It’s like that sometimes, when things aren’t going so good you tend to not notice the things that are going good. I’m happy for you though :) I feel like I have so much to look forward to in months to come too.

I want to see Sex In The City 2 but not so much. Before I go to see it I would have to see the first one again because I don’t remember a thing that happened. I really want to see Toy Story 3 though.

I’m more of a basketball and American football fan but I’ve always wanted to try soccer. I haven’t been watching any of the World Cup though, the NBA finals have caught my attention.

No, I didn’t stay single for that long. There’s actually a story behind this relationship because technically I’ve had a boyfriend all along.

I swear I hate this neighborhood with a passion. I can’t do anything!

12. Gwen says:

I’m really glad to hear that you’re getting out of your slump! When I’m in a slump, I feel like life is living me, instead of me living my life.

I like the World Cup. I don’t watch every game though. But I have to support my country (the Netherlands) of course! I agree that it brings people together. People decorate their houses and streets here with orange flags!

13. Zoraida says:

I’m glad your life is picking up!

I haven’t watched SATC 2 since I didn’t like the first movie at all. From what I’ve read, they both sound very similar.

To be honest, the only football game I watched was the England vs. USA one. Hahaha, I had to root for my country and it was very, very entertaining.

14. Catherine says:

That’s great that your days are brightening up and you are having things to look forward to :D

I wanna watch SATC. I haven’t even seen the first one yet :/! I need to seriously watch it and catch up, haha :P

I have actually been watching the FIFA world cup :o Usually I am not interested in football whatsoever, so I dunno what’s changed D: I’ve been getting really into some of the games xP

15. Pauline says:

That’s awesome news that your life is brightening up! :) I’m so happy for you! ^-^

I don’t usually like watching football but lately I’ve been watching it everyday! :D I don’t know but once you actually sit down and watch it, you feel … Almost enchanted hehe.

16. Tara says:

Football is so much easier to comprehend than American football. I’ll take that over American football any day! I’ve got sucked into the World Cup frenzy! Oh noes! XD

17. Minna says:

Very very true, always like that with big world events. But I am not watching this either. I’m boycotting it because we’re not in it this time – so sad! No, pathetic. What happened? I guess it’s not a big thing in Finland either, rarely see them in football events :(

So glad to hear your life sparkles! What a joyful word for it, I wish I could say the same, but I guess you have to try to feel it ;)

18. Kendra says:

Hi :) Please vote for vivid-avenue for site of the month :) http://aestheticintoxication.com/contests/site-of-the-month/

19. Thanks for the write-up I definitely learned some thing from it. Beneficial articles or blog posts on this web site Always looking forward to new post.